Innovation's Official forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Innovation's Official forums

The #1 Questing-clan of ijjiGunZ!!

Check www.YouTube.com/InnovationClan for all Innovation-video's!!
Innovation: We do sh!t naked!!
Tryout: Level 60+, solo lvl4 Dungeon 0 APMust have at least 450-600 HP (75%) after completion.

2 posters

Golden Virtues of a Clan

chihakuryu
    chihakuryu
    Innovation's Messenger
    Innovation's Messenger

Female Number of posts : 639

Golden Virtues of a Clan Empty Golden Virtues of a Clan

Post by chihakuryu Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:42 am

Golden Virtues of a Clan

Synopsis
    These are the seven virtues of being in a clan. It underlines the basis of a good clan and defines a good clan.

What I notice
    I have been in many clans and I fought with many allies and enemies. Back in iGunZ, I joined numerous clans and had many characters. Although each clan worked differently and had its own unique taste, there are some elements that I notice that the "bad clans" had: no teamwork, no unity, hostile, angry, quick to blame each other, and arrogance.

Then I analyze in the clans that were considered good and noticed some qualities that were common among them. I tested it out and it proved true. For a good clan to be united and last for a long time. For now, there are seven, I am sure there are more I forgot to name, but I will add it to the list. Here are the golden truths:

The Seven Truths

1. Respect

Respect your clan mates. This may come as the hardest virtue to follow within a clan, but it is number one and the strongest one to follow. It is the hub on which all the other virtues are based off. While you may not have to like the person in your clan, you must respect them.

When you go into a game with them, no matter what, they got your back. If they want to win and you want to win, you must love each other then. But once the game is over, you can dislike them again, but while in game, they are your best buddies. While you may not clan war with them, you must respect his/her words/decision.

Short story: When I was in the volleyball team for YMCA for recreational sport, my group of friends/teammates didn't know personally the other girls in our team. But nevertheless, when we were on the court, we could rely on them. Even if we held a grudge, we threw it back because in the end, the one that holds back, is truly the loser, when both have a common goal.

2.Peace

One of the easiest/harder virtue to obtain. While in a clan, you must maintain the peace around you. Meaning that you avoid arguments with clan members and try to keep your own words in check. You are free to say anything you want, but you have to pay the consequences later.

This also means if a clan member is having a bad day, to give them some room, so they can cool off. When you do that and the clan member is back to normal, they will respect you for giving them room when times are tough.

Another point of peace is keeping your RL problems away from your clan members. For example: Your girlfriend/boyfriend broke up with you. You don't go to the clan channel and whine about it, hoping to dig up some emotions. It will irritate your clan members and may eventually pull out into a fight. If you have a specific clanmate, whom you can trust with the problem and you know he/she won't mind, whisper them privately.

3. Avoid Jealously

The deadly blade. When you are in a clan, especially if you're considered one of the best, you might get a bit jealous or a bit afraid that someone of good skill appears. You might feel intimidated or fear people will no longer think you are good.

Sometimes when you play with that person, you wish they would die right away, so you could feel good about yourself or sometimes you know they need help but you withhold it. In example, they ask for med packs but you withhold it on purpose, even though you are almost at full hp.

Contrary, when someone of good skill comes into the clan, you should be glad, because it means your clan is much stronger now. While it is alright just to feel a bit envious, you should quickly recover from it and welcome the person. If you want to keep your place at top, then train harder and play better. It's very hard to do, and even the wisest man on Earth would fail at this from time to time, but it is a good hope and knowledge.

4.Loyalty

While respecting other members is one thing, loyalty is completely different. This is what helps clan last for a long time, while most clans last only 1-2 weeks before going inactive (sometimes only a day!). When you feel loyalty for that clan, you choose not to leave it, not because you feel obligated but because you enjoy it.

When you have loyalty, you are willing to give it your all, willing to help the weaker or newer members and to maintain peace. If you are loyal, things fall in place in easily. But the level of loyalty you have is depending on how willing you are to the clan. If you are only floating bye, but just stay in clan, is a much weaker loyalty than one who participates in the clan often.

5.Humble Criticism

Probably the hardest thing next to respect is the ability to accept criticism. Let's admit it. Gunz is not an angel's words. People will call you this or that and say mean things to you. But if you have the ability to ignore them (or use v-style), it will make things much easier to you.

Another Criticism is when one is giving you out pointers. Those are really hard to accept. Most of the time, when a pointer is given out you tend to ignore it because it hurts your pride. In Example, when someone gives you a tip on training butterfly, you just laugh at them and ignore the criticism. But if you accept them humbly and continue forward, it may reward you on the end.

You must also be careful on how you criticize other people. While it is okay to give them pointers, how you present them often affects the person's personality.

Remember this:

"Rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee. But a fool who is criticized will hate thee."

6.Avoid a ScapeGoat

It is hard, especially if you dislike the person to be a bit cynical. When your teammates ruins your plan or when you die, you may be quick to threatened the player or teammate. You may say things like, "OM!! YOU CAUSE ME TO DIE!" or "YOU STUPID NOOB." And when you do this, it throws off the peace and causes your gameplay to waver.

Also, when you lose a clan war or lose a round, do not verbally abuse your teammates or blame all troubles on them. It takes a whole team to lose, not just one person. Instead, if you need to tell them, tell them in a positive outway, pointing out what they should do or etc. This falls into the humble criticism.

7.Enjoy

When you enjoy things, you tend to do it better, in all respect, you almost want to do it. When that happens it is easier to play with your teammates and the ability to perform better. This is probably the easiest virtue to follow, especially since you enjoy gunz. But always remember that gunz is just a game and that it should stay that way. Whether you enjoy your clan or not all depends on you. If you want to enjoy it, you have to make the effort to do it.

These virtues make up a good, strong clan. It creates teamwork and bonds players together. With unity, it is easier to fight alongside someone and less chance of them coming in your way.

Hope that helps~!
    ~Chiharu-chan

Copy and pasted by Chihakuryu from Moogle's forum ^o^v
    I believe in all of these and feel everyone in Innovation should try and keep these 7 virtues in mind when playing ^o^
    Renkan
    Renkan
    star

Male Number of posts : 174

Golden Virtues of a Clan Empty Re: Golden Virtues of a Clan

Post by Renkan Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:56 am

Wow, thats pretty deap Very Happy Goodjob, I hope everyone listens to this, a lot of people are quick to judge, maybe you should add that laughing out loud. Avoid quick judgements?

P.S. I know you didn't make the thread I was just commentating
    chihakuryu
    chihakuryu
    Innovation's Messenger
    Innovation's Messenger

Female Number of posts : 639

Post by chihakuryu Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:15 am

I know. I'm hoping to add a few of my own to this list too though ^o^v

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content